Steve Jobs made a special announcement today at the WWDC, the iOS 4, Apple iPhone’s new operating system.
The new iPhone OS contains around 100 new and upgraded features. The OS will be released with the new iPhone 4 next month. The free software update will also be available on earlier versions including iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPad and previous releases of iPod Touch. And that’s a very good news for everyone.
A few months ago, rumors has been circling around the net that the new iPhone OS will feature multitasking, and they’re definitely right. And the good news is that, this feature won’t hinder performance and battery life of iPhone. Some of the few features of iOS 4 includes multitasking, upgraded mail app, iBooks, folders for file management, gift apps, wireless keyboard support and many others.
You can now organize iPhone apps into a different folder for a better organized files by using the new Folder feature. Email feature on iPhone is also upgraded. You can now view all messages from all your email accounts in a single and integrated inbox. Multimedia features has some better improvements as well. Applications can now be gifted to friends and family by using the new ‘gift app’ feature.
To view more of the new exciting features, check it out HERE.
The new iPhone 4 on the other hand is indeed a great package for this new iOS 4 operating system. Some of the specs of the new iPhone 4 includes the following:
- 9.3mm thick, 24% thinner than current iPhone
- 3.5″ display, same as current iPhone
- 326 ppi display, 4 times the previous iPhone’s pixel density
- Case uses stainless steel and glass, including a glass back for the device
- Powered by the A4 chip
- Larger battery means 7 hours of talk time, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and 300 hours of standby
- 7.2MB download and 5.8MB upload speeds, depending on carrier capabilities
- Gryroscope in addition to accelerometer
- 5MP camera with 5x zoom, tap to focus and LED flash
- HD video recording, and iMovie for editing video on the iPhone
- Front- and rear-facing cameras for FaceTime, the new video chat app
- iOS will allow for multitasking
The new iPhone 4 is available in colors black and in white, it has a storage capabilities of 16GB and 32GB. It will be out in the market this coming June 24 in selected countries. Pricing start at $199 for the 16GB model with an AT&T upgrade and 2-year contract. The 32GB device starts at $299.
Here’s a design overview video of this amazing iPhone 4: