Sony Unveils the Next-Generation PSP – The NGP
Finally, Sony has come up with the latest upgrade on the PSP Generation, the Next-Generation PlayStation Portable. It was already nicknamed as NGP and will be backwards-compatible with the old downloadable PSP games as well as the new PlayStation Suite, a cross-platform software framework which serves as the official PlayStation Store filled with games for your Android tablets and cellphones.
According to Engadget, the NGP will revolve around five key concepts:
Revolutionary User Interface, Social Connectivity, Location-based Entertainment, Converging Real and Virtual (augmented) Reality. Games will not be in UMD anymore but rather come on “new media”, the memory to be used is not yet revealed.
Some of the specs will include the following:
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- 5-inch touchscreen OLED display with 960 x 544 resolution
- Dual analog sticks (not nubs as on the current generation)
- Rear-mounted touchpad – the same accelerometer / gyroscope motion sensing as in the PlayStation Move
- Electronic compass
- Cameras on both the front and back.
You can check out more pictures of the Sony’s Next-Generation Playstation Portable by clicking HERE. Anyway, take a look at the Ad video below. 🙂
Leave a Reply