Earth Hour 2010 – Turn Your Lights OFF
Earth Hour 2010 is almost near! Turn your lights of this coming March 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM wherever you are in the world to show your support for action on climate change! Earth Hour was first started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia. A lot of people in the world turned their lights off by that time to show their support on this global campaign on climate change. I wasn’t able to support this campaign last year but I’d definitely participate this year. There are lots of things this climate change do affect our planet. Lots of strange things going on. Just like what we are experiencing now in the Philippines, the El Niño phenomenon or ENSO. Floods, Earthquakes, Tsunamis and more. I feel like this world is falling apart little by little.
In March 2009, hundreds of millions of people took part in the third Earth Hour. Over 4000 cities in 88 countries officially switched off to pledge their support for the planet, making Earth Hour 2009 the world’s largest global climate change initiative.
You can support Earth Hour by:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 27
- Showing your support and adding yourself to our world map
- Adding Earth Hour widgets, logos and banners to your blog or website to help us spread the word
- Talking about Earth Hour in your social network by updating your Facebook status, grabbing a Twibbon, tweeting about your support, and more
- Get together with your friends and family, by hosting an Earth Hour party or holding your own candlelit affair
- Rally your local council or community group to run an Earth Hour event for your community
- Encourage your employer and workmates to take part in Earth Hour and make energy savings every day
- Make an Earth Hour Lantern as a symbol of hope for the future
- Be creative! Find a new way to mark Earth Hour and let us know all about it!
Will you turn your lights off on March 27?
Leave a Reply